Your road, and mine, to the past

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Toll Booth

Welcome to NH45. A travel blog. Not just any other.
NH45 - or National Highway # 45 is Tamil Nadu's most important highway. The Highway that connects the major cities and towns of Tamil Nadu to the capital, bringing the state and its citizens closer.

But that is not the only reason why this blog is called NH45.

Many of my travels have been to cities connected by the NH45. Trichy, Madurai. Kanceepuram (only passing), Tanjavur, and more. But that alone isn't why this is the NH45 blog.

What is now the NH45 was a heavily trafficked royal road in the past. A road that's seen Pallavas and Cholas using it. And a little while later, the British and the French and the Portuguese. In search of Colonial glory. And for that alone, this blog is the NH45.
For I am obsessed, nay, possesed by history and historical expeditions. I have this overwhelming desire to know what my ancestors knew. And lived. I would like more than anything to spend hours in search of that perfectly preserved artefact or chasing after a mythical king. And I have done it. Never enough, but a good start.

Here, I will share some of my roadtrips and photographs. Stuff that I have had a ball doing. In the hope that somehow, somewhere, I find what I am looking for.

Welcome to NH45. Your road, and mine, to the past.

5 Comments:

Blogger F e r r a r i said...

A road, which tempts you to ride at 100 kph even on a 2 wheeler :-)

12:34 AM

 
Blogger Lg said...

>>In the hope that somehow, somewhere, I find what I am looking for.

In the hope that your
looking to find
becomes
finding to look

I hope it is one enriching ride!

3:02 AM

 
Blogger Kingsley Joseph said...

Good luck. I'm hoping for more pictures of inscriptions.

9:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ravages,

...and I thought you were going to quit blogging...

good to see this.

4:04 PM

 
Blogger Ravages/CC said...

No Eswar, I am from Chennai

9:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home